Is it just me or coming up with a fancy title kinda stressful?? You know you all do it....trying to come up with a cool title so that people will read your blog and then comment and then your ego inflates?? hahaha.
anyway... sober yesterday. Yipee. I didn't do much in the way of recovery work except read recovery stuffs in the morning. I did make a few contacts via text. I checked in on some people. I do well to think of my fellow battlers. I did get a call from another guy as well. I was at a soccer game with a friend and she saw me check my phone and asked who the person was. (kinda nosey, huh?). I feel like sometimes recovery has to be just as sneaky as the addiction.
questions like:
"so where were you Thursday night or Monday??"
"You want to go to a movie...oh you can't...wait you'll be with 'friends'?? what other friends??"
"Soccer on saturday...so you can't come?? What else are you doing on a Saturday morning??"
So far, I can dodge it pretty well. People are used to me being somewhat mysterious and elusive. I've always been a loner. It's interesting because I am super conversational and have no problem with crowds. I recharge when I have ample personal time. I didn't get any of it yesterday but luckily i was busy enough.
I've realized though that being busy....DOES NOT CONSTITUTE RECOVERY WORK! Just because you aren't working out because you resorted to your OTHER addiction of workholism or busyholicism (??) you are NOT free of lust. That's my experience. I have been doing that all of June <staying really really busy> and i've been binging and relapsing and not caring all over the place.
I am NEVER too busy to do dailies. If I am....something needs to be sacrificed.
Here's to another 24....
You are doing great - I am enjoying seeing your daily progress. Keep it up x
ReplyDelete